Restore Your Roof's Integrity after Hail and Wind Damage
Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill gets hit with hail and wind storms every year causing damage to the roofs. Storm damage can be difficult to detect from the ground. We can work with your insurance company to file a claim and try to get them to pay for the roof replacement. We help hundreds of families through the insurance claims process every year. If you want a free roof evaluation for storm damage give us a call.
- We will send a qualified storm damage inspector to inspect your roof
- If we find storm damage we will work through the insurance claims process with you, making sure you get a fair evaluation from the insurance company
- We will meet the insurance adjuster at your house and show them the damage that we found
- If the insurance adjuster doesn’t agree with our findings, we can advise you of the next steps
- If they agree with our findings and approve a claim, we can review the claim with you and make sure the insurance company includes everything you need for the roof replacement
- Beware of companies that offer to waive the deductible. In North Carolina this is against the law and both you and the roofer can get in legal trouble.
- All you must do is select the shingle color, we will take care of the rest
“I highly recommend Cole Roofing and Construction. They replaced my roof and did an excellent job for an incredibly good price.”- Lotta P.
“I was very pleased with their service. The crew was on time, worked very efficiently on the roof replacement, the clean up afterward was amazing, not an old shingle or tiny piece of a shingle anywhere.”- Margit G.
“Cole Roofing did an outstanding job installing a new roof for us. They were professional, hard working, and careful not to harm any plants or shrubbery around the house.”- Leslie W.
“Cole roofing has exceptional service, the team worked diligently over some of the hottest days of the year, starting early to avoid the heat. the clean up crew did an excellent job and we couldn't be happier with the appearance of our brand new roof!”- Karen C.
“Cole Roofing did an excellent job replacing our roof and skylights. They communicated well, arrived on time, the crew worked quickly and efficiently and cleaned up great after the job was complete.”- L M.
“First off, I would like to say that I was a contractor for over 20 years in a different industry, and it takes a lot to wow me. From the first phone call and interaction with Cole Roofing, I was impressed. Phone calls returned promptly, estimate appt set. ”- Kevin S.
“I highly recommend Cole Roofing & Construction for home repairs. Greg Cole was quick to respond to a request for a work quote and patiently walked us through our entire work process giving us options and suggestions.”- Pete L.
“Their crew set up tarps to protect our shrubs and to catch the debris from stripping our old roof. They worked constantly from the early morning till the high heat of the day. Had a well deserved break in the afternoon and finished the roof that day. They ”- Frank K.
Wind damage is a significant part of most severe weather systems in North Carolina. Destructive straight-line winds can leave your roof in terrible condition after even a small storm. Winds over 50 miles per hour are considered damaging winds, and storm damage comes in all shapes and sizes. You don’t need a hurricane, tornado, or serious thunderstorm to inflict severe storm damage to your roof.
Start with a visual inspection. If your visual inspection doesn’t show any signs of damage, you should ensure your home is safe by also looking for:
- Gaps in Your Shingles: If your roof has missing shingles, those around the gap are at risk of damage or loss when winds hit damaging speeds. If you see gaps in your shingles, you could already have damage around the gaps under the remaining shingles.
- Noticeable Granule Erosion: When your new roof is exposed to storm damage, granules from your shingles rub off as the storms beat them and cause them to knock into other objects on your roof.
- Leaks: Water invading your attic is likely the most commonly recognized sign of storm damage to your roof. When you notice water damage or leaks in your attic, you realize your roof has been compromised. Even if you know you have damages to one section of your roof, an inspection is still advised to ensure there aren’t damages elsewhere.
- Debris: Once a storm has passed through, search your yard. If you find pieces of debris in your yard, you should conduct a visual inspection of your roof in the area. Begin your visual inspection in the areas near any debris found in your yard. Items like lawn chairs that aren’t yours or small to medium-sized foreign objects could have been projectiles that hit your roof and caused damage.
We treat every house we work on as if it were our house. Whether you need repair services or you have a big construction or renovation project in mind, we are the company to call!View All
Have a Question?
We have answers! With over 40 years of experience, we are familiar with many common concerns homeowners may have. Don't see your answer, contact our team!FAQs
At Cole Roofing & Construction, we will go above and beyond to create safe, beautiful, and durable roofs, with no project being too big or small! Schedule an appointment today!Get In Touch